Grilled Cheese is the simple yet mouthwatering mealtime hero we all know and love, but it’s time for an upgrade. To level up your next grilled cheese, all you need to do is combine your favorite POD & BEAN® product with mayonnaise and/or mustard, and then add your favorite toppings. Don’t worry – our Chefs tested out some combinations to get you started!
Suggested Special Sauce Combinations:
- 10 twists POD & BEAN Everyday Blend + 1 tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 10 twists POD & BEAN Garden Herb Blend + 1 tsp. Dijon mustard + 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. POD & BEAN Blackberry Chipotle Sauce + 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
- ½ tsp. POD & BEAN Green Chili Hot Sauce + 5 twists Everyday Blend + 1 tbsp. mayonnaise
And here’s the basic recipe, using:
- Sliced sandwich bread
- Butter, softened
- Thinly sliced deli meats*
- Veggies (tomatoes, kale, arugula, etc.)*
*Mixing and matching is encouraged. Use any type you’d like, a couple at once, or none at all – it’s up to you!
- Preheat an electric griddle to 275° F or heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Create your own special sauce by combining your favorite TCE products with mayonnaise and/or mustard.
- Once you have created your sauce, spread a good amount of softened butter on one side of bread. Place that side on the griddle.
- Add special sauce to the bread and top with your favorite cheese, veggies and deli meats.
- Spread your special sauce on another piece of bread and place on top of the cheese. Remember to butter the top side of the bread before flipping.
- When the bottom of the sandwich is nicely browned, flip over to grill the other side.
- When browned on both side and cheese is melted, remove from griddle and serve.
Chef Tip: In restaurants, we sometime cover grilled sandwiches with a small saucepan or lid to help capture the heat and make the cheese melt faster.